Friday, September 11, 2009

Life and What We Make of It

Hi Everybody, I hope this day is going ok for you. I hesitate to say great because, well it's kinda hard for it to be great considering it IS 9/11 but because we are all surviving and thriving we can make this day better for us in overcoming our obstacles and achieving our goals. With the risk of sounding dumb I am going to go out on a limb here as I have total confidence that you will put me in my place :-)

I think everybody has similar thoughts on how they ought to view a criminally tragic (does that make sense) anniversary, (yowzer, plane flying overhead as I write this, creepy) such as today.

Do we think, hug the ones we love and tell them that you love them??? Do we look at how so many lives have been helped or even saved because of the charities created in memory of 9/11 victims? Hmm, I never thought about that one before...Do we take stock of our lives and just change careers, spouses, residences, etc. possibly on a lark, while we can before we regret not fulfilling our passions?? My latest expression has been "Just do it, but responsibly". Go after your dreams, but be sure you can handle your cost of living expenses, forget about just being able to pay the bills.

Feel the fear, do it anyway, responsibly, and just go for it as we have just one life to live! If you need hand holding, so... go hold someone's hand! :-)

What do you think??? How should we give 9/11 meaning to our lives or should we?? Why do some of us have the need to give THIS day meaning or even feel the need to reevaluate their lives??? Why not just think......"It is what it is", sh*t happens"...

No comments:

Post a Comment